MISSION STATEMENT :
The Foundation for Museums and Visitors intends to support Hungarian museums in developing their services and relations with their visitors; as well as promote museum education as a form of lifelong learning among visitors.
To achieve the above-mentioned goals The Foundation for Museums and Visitors has set the following OBJECTIVES:
- organize conferences, seminars, colloquia and other educational projects for museum staff, teachers (with students in some cases);
- organize workshops and training for museum and education staff in order to obtain professional or other skills that are needed for a smooth integration into the EU;
- write, translate, compile and publish materials for teachers and museum education staff on topics regarding professional as well methodological matters;
- collect information and materials (books, leaflets, brochures, worksheets etc) from which collection it will set up a Museum Information Center in the future;
- provide advisory assistance on museum matters (via exchanges of professionals);
- provide language information, language courses, language assessment tests in order to help Hungarian professionals in establishing useful international links;
- organize international exchanges and placements, find resources and offer funds , assist in preparing project proposals in order to help skill transfer and EU integration;
- research and survey questions related to museum education and visitor issues;
- participate in organizing exhibitions and other attention-calling events/campaigns.